Address: 75-76 Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1FN
Phone: 01332 344155
One of Derby’s bustling pubs, The Greyhound (part of Derby Brewing Company) offers superb smokehouse food and an extensive range of drinks to suit all tastes. If low-and-slow meats takes your fancy, or maybe you prefer an oven-cooked pizza to go with your pint, then The Greyhound is worth a visit.
Fresh pizzas served Wednesday – Sunday, and don’t forget to check out the amazing beer garden.
The Greyhound has live music on Saturday nights, and a quiz on a Monday evening.
Offers available at The Greyhound
Students can come sign up for a free DBC loyalty card. The card offers:
- “Afterworks drinks” – all house drinks such as Carlsberg, San Miguel, Somersby, a DBC Ale, double house spirit and mixer, a medium house wine for just £2.90. This deal is only available Monday-Thursday between 5:00pm-7:30pm.
20% off food (one transaction only)
- 5p in points for every £1 you spend. They swipe the card at the till to collect the points. You can then use your points to buy drinks and food (essentially like a Boots card).
- Loyalty Card offers available at The Greyhound and all other Derby Brewing Company venues including The Tap on Derwent Street, Derby.
Address: 7, Iron Gate, Derby, DE1 3FJ
Phone: 01332 725051
More than a coffee shop and a refreshing alternative to the traditional pub or bar, BEAR is at the forefront of the global ‘third wave’ coffee movement that sees coffee as an artisan foodstuff, rather than a quick morning pick-me-up.
BEAR offer specialty coffee, signature cocktails and craft beer accompanied by fresh, all-day dining. From breakfast to brunch, and lunch to dinner, BEAR’s food menus are tailored specifically to each store and updated regularly with seasonal goodies; there’ll always be something new to try whatever the time of day, pop in and see them.
BEAR will take you seamlessly from coffee, to cocktails… and then back to coffee.
Discounts available at BEAR
- Cathedral Quarter (CQ) Card: 10% off all hot drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- Independent Coffee Club: 10% off all coffees and iced drinks.
Address: 11 Sadler Gate, DE1 3FX
Offers available at Doughnotts
- Student discount – 10% with a NUS card
- Tuesday offer – 3 doughnuts for £5(available on all doughnuts)
Address: 3 Friary Street, Derby, DE1 1JF
Soon to be opening, Annie’s Burger Shack offers 32 original recipe Rhode Island inspired burgers, every single one is available as Vegan, Veggie or Meaty!
- Student discount is available weekdays 12-5pm
5. Stein Strasse
Address: 23 Wardwick, Derby DE1 1HA
A German themed bar, Stein Strasse is known for live Oompah music, great food/ drink and a wide range of beers/ spirits served in big steins.
- £5 Hause cocktails
- 40% OFF FOOD ITEMS (must be for main meals – cannot be used for sides only)
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers
Bustler is Derby’s only monthly street-food market. Held on the last Friday and Saturday of every month, Bustler can have up to eight different traders serving up food from around the globe.