Strawberry, raspberry and White Chocolate Eton Mess.
Check out Jenny’s recipe to make this delicious summer favourite.
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 300g strawberries sliced
- 300g raspberries
- 200g white chocolate finely grated
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 400ml double cream
- fresh mint to garnish (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
2. Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks that slightly
tip over when you lift the whisk. Next add the golden caster sugar a tsp at a time and
continue to whisk until each tsp of sugar has been thoroughly whisked in.
3. Take the rounded dessertspoonfuls of the mixture and place them in rows on the
lined baking tray. Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven, turn the heat down
to 140°C for 1 hour. After that, turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven
to dry out overnight, or until the oven is completely cold.
4. Whisk the double cream until its thick and creamy, add in the grated white chocolate,
vanilla essence and whisk. Then crush the meringue and add it to the mix.
5. Finally add the sliced strawberries and raspberries and garnish with fresh mint.
Become a Love Derby Partner and take advantage of our 300,000 page views per year and over 30,000 followers on social media.Join Us
Don't let the fun stop here. Find more fun things to do and food & drink in Derby.See Recipes
Join the What's on in Derby mailing list
For exciting weekly what's on and Derby news.