White chocolate and milk chocolate cookies.
Because everyone loves cookies...
Difficulty 2 / 5 (easy 0-5 hard)
- 125g soft butter
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g milk chocolate chunks
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Mix the butter and sugars until creamed, and then add the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Sift the flour and separate the mix in half (if you would like half milk chocolate and half white chocolate). Then add the cocoa powder and milk chocolate chips to one half and the white chocolate chips to the other half.
4. Roll into small circular balls and flatten with the rolling pin slightly – they shouldn’t be too thin.
5. Place the cookies on baking paper on a tray in the oven – spread them out as they will grow in the over. If you would like soft cookies remove after 7 minutes, otherwise remove after 10 minutes when they are golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to stand, ideally served warm with ice cream and a glass of milk!
Become a Love Derby Partner and take advantage of our 300,000 page views per year and over 30,000 followers on social media.Join Us
Don't let the fun stop here. Find more fun things to do and food & drink in Derby.See Recipes
Join the What's on in Derby mailing list
For exciting weekly what's on and Derby news.