White Chocolate Finger and Raspberry Dessert..
Check out Jenny’s recipe to make this white chocolate finger and raspberry showstopper dessert.
Ingredients for the sponge:
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients for the icing:
- 400g white chocolate chopped
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 200ml single cream
Ingredients for decoration:
- 150g raspberry jam
- 200g raspberries
- Two packets of white chocolate fingers
1. Heat the oven to 180C. Grease 2x20cm circular tins with soft butter and sprinkle with flour and then line with parchment paper.
2. Soften the butter in a large bowl and then combine the sugar, mix thoroughly until the mix is pale (light yellow, almost white).
3. Slowly add the eggs one by one, with sprinkles of flour bit by bit until the eggs and flour are combined into the mix. Finally add the vanilla essence and fold into the mix.
4. Divide the mix evenly into the two tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until you can insert a knife, which comes out clean.
5. While the cake is baking you can make a start on the icing. Place the chocolate, cream and vanilla in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, (not allowing the bowl to come into contact with the water), stirring until melted and smooth.
6. Remove the bowl from the heat, set aside to cool, then cover with cling film before placing in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or until it reaches a thick, spreadable consistency.
7. Once the cake is cool and the icing is ready spread the icing onto one side of the cake and the other with jam, then place this together like a sandwich. Then ice the cake all over including the side.
8. Add the white chocolate fingers around the edge, the icing should work like a glue to hold the fingers. Then decorate with fresh raspberries.
Become a Love Derby Partner and take advantage of our 300,000 page views per year and over 30,000 followers on social media.Join Us
Don't let the fun stop here. Find more fun things to do and food & drink in Derby.See Recipes
Join the What's on in Derby mailing list
For exciting weekly what's on and Derby news.