Madeira Loaf Cake.
A good old classic loaf cake.
• 175g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
• 175g golden caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 lemon
• few drops vanilla extract
• 200g self-raising flour
• 50g ground almonds
1. Heat the oven to 170C.
2. Line the loaf tin with butter, flour and greaseproof paper.
3. Using an electric whisk beat together the butter and sugar and then beat in the eggs one at a time. Add half the grated lemon zest and vanilla.
4. Now beat in the flour and almonds until you have a thick mix. Tip the batter into the loaf tin and smooth over the top.
5. Bake for 55 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Drizzle over the icing sugar and the remaining lemon zest.
Become a Love Derby Partner and take advantage of our 300,000 page views per year and over 30,000 followers on social media.Join Us
Don't let the fun stop here. Find more fun things to do and food & drink in Derby.See Recipes
Join the What's on in Derby mailing list
For exciting weekly what's on and Derby news.