Salted Caramel Brownies.
For when you need some more Salted Caramel in your life
Difficulty 2 / 5 (easy 0-5 hard)
- 200g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g dark chocolate (preferably a balance of 70/50% cocoa solids)
- 397g can Carnation caramel
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 200 caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 130g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
1. Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a 23cm square tray bake tin with soft butter and sprinkle with flour and then line with parchment paper. Melt the 200g butter and chocolate in the microwave, then set to onside.
2. In a small bowl, put 175g caramel and 1tsp sea salt and stir together. Then, put the remaining caramel in a large bowl with the sugar, eggs and beat with an electric whisk until even.
3. Whisk the chocolate/ butter in and then in a separate bowl, sift the flour and cocoa and add to the mix.
4. Once this is combined, pour a thin layer of the mix into the tin and then drizzle some caramel, repeat this but try to avoid disturbing the caramel.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen all the way through. When ready the brownie will wobble. Leave to cool overnight but keep sealed in a container or covered with foil. Cut it into squares and enjoy!
Become a Love Derby Partner and take advantage of our 300,000 page views per year and over 30,000 followers on social media.Join Us
Don't let the fun stop here. Find more fun things to do and food & drink in Derby.See Recipes
Vanilla raspberry and white chocolate cake
Check out Jenny’s recipe to make this showstopper dessert.
White Chocolate Finger and Raspberry Dessert.
Check out Jenny’s recipe to make this white chocolate finger and raspberry showstopper dessert.
Join the What's on in Derby mailing list
For exciting weekly what's on and Derby news.